Commission on Quality Assessment & Improvement
Scope and Function of CmQAI
- Provides members with information to enhance quality patient care.
- Monitors and disseminates information on quality initiatives affecting healthcare policy related to the profession of optometry.
- Represents the AOA’s interests in healthcare quality organizations, such as the American Medical Association’s Physician Consortium for Performance Improvement (PCPI), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), National Quality Forum (NQF), AQA (formerly referred to as the Ambulatory Quality Alliance), National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), and the Joint Commission (formerly 'Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations') to position the profession of optometry as an active player in the healthcare quality arena.
- William Hately, OD (Chair)
- Lyman Norden, OD
- Timothy Petito, OD
- Mary Loshin, OD
- Carol Record, OD
- Uzma Zumbrink, M.P.H. (Staff Liaison)
Setting National Priorities
Developing and Testing Measures
Endorse and Maintain Measures
Develop and Coordinate Streamlined Implementation Strategies
For additional information contact Uzma Zumbrink, MPH, at UAZumbrink@aoa.org.